Unclaimed Monies

Unclaimed Monies held by Lee County Clerk of Courts refers to:

Outstanding Checks: Checks that have been written, but have not cleared the bank. If the check has been lost or destroyed, the funds may be available for reissue. Upon receiving a request to reissue, the Clerk’s Finance office will confirm that that the funds have not been paid, and will begin the reissue process. There is a 30 day waiting period after a check has been issued to request a reissue. In the event the funds have been paid from the bank, the funds will not be reissued. Checks will only be reissued to the original owner of the funds. 

Stale Dated Checks:  Checks with a payment date that is more than 6 months old, and are no longer payable at the bank. The funds from these checks are retained in a dedicated account so that the funds are available for reissue if requested by the payee or their designee. Checks will only be reissued to the original owner of the funds. 

The most current lists of Stale Dated Checks are available on this page in the menu to your right.

To Request a Check be Reissued

You MUST provide the following documentation for verification to our office when filing your claim. Failure to provide all required documentation will result in a denial of your claim.


  • For Unclaimed Funds: Submit original, notarized Unclaimed Funds Claim Form (available in Related Forms)
  • For Cash Bond Redemption: Submit original, notarized Affidavit of Certification for Cash Bond Redemption (available in Related Forms)
  • Clear copy of a Government issued ID card or Driver’s License
  • Verification of address, if mailing address is different from original mailing address or photo identification.
  • If Claimant is not the owner of the funds, an original, notarized Power of Attorney is required for you to act on the behalf of the owner.


  • Original, notarized Unclaimed Funds Claim Form (available on this page in the menu to the right)
  • Copy of W-9 with Federal Identification Number and current business address
  • Original Letter of Authorization on company letterhead with the names of those with the authority to sign/claim on behalf of the business
  • Copy of Government Issued ID card or Driver's License of authorized claimant
  • If your company merged with another company, a copy of the merger agreement
  • If your company was dissolved, a copy of the articles of dissolution

Forms can be submitted by mail or in person -

If submitting in person, our office is located at:                      If mailing your claim, Forms should be mailed to:           

     Lee County Clerk of Circuit Court                                           Lee County Clerk of Circuit
     2115 Second Street                                                              Attn: Unclaimed Money
     Finance Department, 3rd Floor                                              P.O. Box 2396
     Ft. Myers, FL 33901                                                             Ft. Myers, FL 33902-2396
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday–Friday

 Additional Information

Unclaimed Monies held by the Clerk of Courts of Lee County does not refer to funds remitted to the State, which are funds that have been Stale Dated for more than a year. In accordance with Chapter 717, Florida Statutes, Disposition of Unclaimed Property, the payee’s are notified that the funds are available at least 60 days prior to being submitted to the State. Once the funds are remitted to the State of Florida Department of Revenue’s Unclaimed Property division, they will need to be requested through www.FLTreasureHunt.org.

Google Translate
Home | Court Services | Jury Duty | Employment Opportunities | Financial Information | Enhanced Guardianship Audit | Guardianship Advocate | Inspector General Department | Internal Audit & Investigation | Minutes and Documents | Official Records/Recording | Property Sales | Protecting Your Information | Reports & Statistics | Tourist Development Tax | Value Adjustment Board (VAB) | Disclaimer | Clerk of Court | eFiling | Online Services | FAQs | Contact Us | Government Links | Site Map | En Español